An advanced interactive route planner which provides lots of functionality:
– Create routes which can consist of a large number of waypoints. These points can be entered as a specific address, based on a search result or just by clicking a point on the map. Important for long distance routes.
– The type of transport (driving, bicycling, walking or via a straight line, just to jump over a river…) can be defined for every part of the route independent.
– Display height profile as well as StreetView images next to the route. StreetView is also available without having a route displayed. Just StreetView and map side by side.
– Display highest and lowest points on the route and/or display height contour line markers (every 100 meter).
– Display total length of the route, total ascending and travel time. Displayed in metric (kilometer/meter) or imperial format (miles/feet).
– Export routes as GPX file in different formats for usages in other GPS devices. Or import and display GPX tracks and waypoints.
– Position and rotate map to match current position and driving direction (based on GPS info).
– Display wind information (speed and direction) and analyze the impact on your trip.
– Tracking available. Tracked trips can be displayed on the map and speed can be analyzed
– Display camping and lodging information as provided by Google on the map.
Also to be used for best dividing a long route in a number of routes (c.q. days) , based on a given preferred and maximum distance per day.
– Display photos, located on your device and positioned them on the GPS location of the photo
– Spoken direction information is available for every planned route. This gives you the possibility to follow the route without having to look to the screen.